woensdag 26 maart 2014

Rambling in another language

Before you start noticing and panicking right away; no, I'm not changing my -let's call it- blog language back to English. Not at all. However, sometimes my mind is just stuck. I mean, I'm studying in English, and during exam time, everything I read is in English. Result? My mind changes to English and I can't properly write in Dutch. So yeah, hey, here I am again people, Stella writing in English.

What it feels like? Nostalgia all the way. Ha, joke. I'm curious if people perceive my English as improved. Or just as bad. Or just as normal. I hate normal. Sometimes I like normal, I'd like to be normal sometimes. For example now, I don't feel normal. Why? Because I just ate two bowls of yoghurt and sugary granola, both in a time period of half an hour. Guilty as charged.

Or, I'm "Snapchatting" the most ugly selfies to a friend of mine, who can actually read this now considering I'm writing in English. I mean, when I look at myself via my iPhone camera, I'm like "How can I still be walking around without being caught and brought to as ZOO". Seriously, such great self-esteem.

For the Dutchies out there, no. No. No, I am not using Google Translate right now, as it might surprise you. Now that I'm studying in English though, I have the feeling that everyone thinks my English is perfect, flawless. Trust me, it is not. Sometimes I'm talking to my friends and I can't even sufficiently talk anymore. I'm puking letters, hoping that a word will be constructed. Never happens, keep on dreaming.

So, I'm tired of typing now. I've been typing for a while already because I have to prepare three different topics for my final debating exam on Friday. I hope I will get to defend the fact that gay couples should be allowed to adopt a child. Because I can be really passionate about that one.

Stay with me people, my Dutchy self will be back tomorrow. Or sometime.

Sweet chaotic (?) kisses,
Stells.

14 opmerkingen:

  1. Hahaha, ik heb wel eens dat ik het Engelse woord weet en het Nederlandse niet als ik een middagje Engelse series heb gekeken. And good luck with the dabating exam babe! :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Zoooo herkenbaar! Heb ik ook last van! Thank you very much, I appreciate it! Hugs (:

      Verwijderen
  2. Herkenbaar! Als ik alleen maar Engelse boeken aan het lezen ben voor m'n studie ga ik in het Engels denken en dan soms inderdaad ook Engels praten :') Succes met je debat alvast!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Echt he? Ik praat in mezelf -ssst- en ik merk dat ik dan ook echt Engels tegen mezelf praat en dat ik het dan na een half uur pas door heb?! Schaam. Dankjewel! Liefs.

      Verwijderen
  3. haha wat leuk! Redelijk herkenbaar haha

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Can you do math in English because that sounds crazy to me

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. If there's one of the 38242804 things I can't do, it is math. I can't do it in any language actually, it is impossible. Stella + math = detrimental results.

      Verwijderen
  5. Hahaha heel leuk artikel dit, en het is ook nog eens heel herkenbaar haha.
    liefs x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Basically my life. Soms heb ik echt van die momenten dat ik geen normale zinnen kan produceren omdat mijn gedachten zijn omgeschakeld... (Dit is uiterst kut tijdens een mondeling Nederlands...)
    Heel erg leuk artikel! Keep on writing gurl :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Oh heerlijk, join the club. Tijdens mijn mondeling Nederlands vorig jaar keek mijn lerares me ZO raar aan dat ik dacht dat ik door de zenuwen in drie seconde een compleet woordenboek aan Swahili had uit zitten kramen. Traumatische gebeurtenis, hihi. Thanks so much, ik vind jouw blog ook zo leuk, gewoon omdat je zo lekker jezelf bent! Love it!

      Verwijderen
  7. Well hey, I guess i'll write this in English as well then. I mean, it's easy for me, since all I do all day is in English. It's kind of weird though, because I don't know what language I think in. As soon as I start thinking about what language I'm thinking in, I start thinking in both Dutch and English. I hope your final debating exam will go well tomorrow! Good luck! (If you'll read this before the exam...)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. I totally understand gurrrrrl! Everything you do? As in? Studying? Now I'm getting curious! It did go well, and I actually read your comment before so it must have helped, thank you! Love!

      Verwijderen
    2. WAIT NO. You're living in the US right? It was you?! So jealous. Gosh.

      Verwijderen

Voor elke reactie krijg je een knuffel en een plak tattoo. En een kusje. En een koekje. Omdat je lief bent. En dan probeer ik zo snel mogelijk te reageren.